- This event has passed.
HOLIDAYS 101: A Talk for Trauma Survivors
October 19, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$30
Do you dread the holiday season? Does the season of “comfort & joy” bring you discomfort & angst? Are you full of anxiety anticipating tip-toeing around family secrets? Is it your first holiday following the death of a loved one? Are you avoiding a family member who has hurt you in the past?
The holiday season presents unique challenges for trauma survivors and their loved ones. Not having the tools to navigate these challenges makes this time of year extra stressful!
Join Trina Hayslett, PsyD and Dr. B. Nilaja Green, PhD to learn techniques to take care of yourself and others holistically, set limits, create a safe space and more.You can turn the dread and despair of this season to one of joy and peace.
- Trauma 101
- Common pain points and skills to lessen the hurt (Mindfulness, breathing exercises, sleep hygiene, generating support systems)
- Interpersonal skills to negotiate family conflict
- Creating holiday rituals that help you process grief
- Having an appropriate relationship with food and drink
- Creating practices for joy and gratitude